Encoder and Decoder Tool for Evaluation of ARM Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression (ASTC)
The ASTC™ Evaluation Codec is a command-line executable that compresses and decompresses images using the new ARM ASTC texture compression standard.
Running on a standard PC, this tool allows content developers to evaluate the impressive quality and size benefits offered by ASTC, in advance of it being available in GPU hardware.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Compression of PNG, TGA and KTX into ASTC format
- Control of bit rate from 0.89 bits/pixel upto 8bits/pixel in fine steps
- Control of compression time/quality tradeoff with exhaustive, thorough, medium, fast and very fast encoding speeds
- Supports both low (LDR) and high dynamic range (HDR) images
- Supports 3D texture compression
- Measure PSNR between input and output
- Decodes ASTC images to TGA or KTX
- Source code
- Full specification of the ASTC data format
- Binaries for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (x86, 32-bit)
Please submit your questions and issues to the Mali Developer Forums